Your journey of success starts here.
Consistent with our traditions, Stella Maris will in the years that lie ahead endeavor to play her own vital role in the rebuilding of our society (in Nigeria) by providing access to quality education for all students on merit.
The Admission Policy of SMS is determined by the Board and the school management in tandem with the FCT and Federal Government education policies with regards to the Admission Policy for Secondary Schools.
Stella Maris offers admissions to pupils/students who apply first as more applications are received than the School can accommodate.
SMS offers provisional admissions, with an excellent transition programme which ensures a smooth link from:
- Play Group
- Nursery 1 – 2
- Primary 1 – 6
- Junior Secondary School JS1-3 (Grades 7 – 9)
- Senior Secondary School SS1-3 (Grades 10 – 11)
Route to Primary Admissions
- Admission procedures are completed
- Parents and children meet the Head Master and then assessment takes place.
- The Head Master issues a letter, offering admission
- The school fees is paid (within a week of offer) and a receipt issued by the school’s bursar.
- Note that a child can only start school after the full payment of the school fees.
Route to College Admissions
Admission into SMC is through an Entrance Examination, which takes place before the beginning of every school year. Prospective candidates are required to purchase and complete an application form before they are qualified to take the examination.
The college admits students between 10 – 16 years old.
The published admission number for the JS 1 is 125 therefore up to 125 students will be offered places for admission into JS 1 in any academic year (in each campus)
Late applications will be considered; and places will be offered only if there are vacancies.
Transfer into the school for JS 2 – SS 2 will be dealt with in accordance with the principles set out here, but can only be reserved to known applicants at the time any vacancy becomes available.
A waiting list will be kept of the applicants who are refused admission due to over subscription.
Application Forms can be obtained from the Admissions Office or from our website at www.smsabuja.com
Feel free to email: Admissions@smsabuja.com, email@example.com or call us for any question at +234 09- 2906882, 09-2348052.
- Basic Requirements
- Purchase of admission forms both online and at the school premises.
- Submission of completed application forms with all required documents to the Admission Officer by the parent/ guardian.
- Entrance examination/ Interview and assessment.
- The list of successful candidates will be released as well as the admission letters.
- On admission, parents are required to submit
- Admission letter, Copies of birth certificate and medical report.